- Maintain a butterfly
- Maintain the feeder area garden
- Assist with monthly monitoring walk
- Keep one or more of the trails marked
- Clear trails of fallen branches
- Mow trails
- Paint or repair signs
- Lead a bird or nature walk
- Teach an outdoor-ed class
- Greet visitors and run introductory
- Sell admission and operate the gift
- Inventory gift shop stock
- Help visitors identify birds at the
- Enter bird sightings into ebird
- Work with school groups
- Help with bus tours
- Help with bulk mailings
- Write articles for the newsletter
- Photograph events
- Help organize large events
- Teach carving classes
- Help staff our booth at off-site exhibits
- Update the scrapbook or blog
- Develop or build displays
Choose What Works for You
Our volunteers give
as much time to the museum as fits their schedule, from once
a season to three times a week.
Indoors there are two three-hour
shift choices, 10-1 and 1-4, but many volunteers stay the entire day.
Volunteers may work in pairs if they prefer.
Sometimes whole families come and do a variety of jobs.
If you love birds, nature, working with groups of people, or
wood carving, we have lots of volunteer opportunities for you. Call us!