We Need YOU
Volunteers are essential to the day-to-day operation of the museum.
We have tasks suited to all sorts of interests and for different levels of experience. Practice an old skill or learn a new one. Our youngest volunteers partner with an adult, and our oldest are—well, never mind. All you need is a little time and a willingness to share it with us.
- Weed a butterfly garden
- Feed the birds
- Assist with bird or nature programs
- Keep one or more of the trails marked
- Clear trails of fallen branches
- Mow trails
- Paint or repair signs
- Welcome visitors
- Sell admission and operate the gift shop
- Help visitors identify birds at the viewing window
- Enter bird sightings into eBird
- Work with school groups
- Help with bus tours
- Help with bulk mailings
- Write articles for the newsletter
- Support carving classes or special programs
- Help staff our booth at off-site exhibits
- Update the scrapbook or blog
- Cleaning or dusting exhibit spaces
Choose What Works for You
Our volunteers give as much time to the museum as fits their schedule, from once a season to three times a week.
Indoors there are two three-hour shift choices, 10-1 and 1-4, but many volunteers stay the entire day. Volunteers may work in pairs if they prefer. Sometimes whole families, classes, or groups come and do a variety of jobs.
If you love birds, nature, working with groups of people, or wood carving, we have lots of volunteer opportunities for you. Contact us!