Carve and paint a Brook Trout with David Tuttle of the Green Mountain Woodcarvers. Wood blank, eyes, snacks, and coffee provided.
Saturday, February 20 at the Birds of Vermont Museum (map) • 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
All levels welcome. Do bring your tools and gloves if you have them; if you don’t, let us know. Dave often brings some knives, gloves, etc. to sell. Please bring your lunch.
Great for adults and teens. Younger kids need parental permission and Cub Scouts could show their Whittling Chip.
$30 for Museum and GMWC members • $40 for everyone else
Call 802 434-2167 or email email@example.com to pre-register.
Fabulous Fall Festival
Saturday, October 13 • 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Live birds, music, soap and wood carving, kids’ crafts, face painting, and more!
$2 / Free if you are 3 and under or show your Museum or Green Mountain Woodcarver membership card
Our schedule of events (but check when you get here to be sure):
10:00 Carving Workshop : Spirit faces in bark (2 hours; $10 fee but this includes all-day admission also)
11:00 Soap Carving
11:00 Live Music by Northeast Field (terrific Celtic music)
1:00 Live Bird Talk
2:00 Soap Carving
2:15 Face Painting
3:00 Nature Note cards
3:59 Announcing Winner of the Kids Raffle
All Day / Ongoing:
- Admire the Art Contest Entries and discover the Winners (Pick up your ribbon and prize if it’s you)
- Used Books and Other Treasures Sale
- Explore the Museum (can you find all 535 eggs? Did we count right?)
- Get a ticket for a Raffle: Kids Raffle (Saturday only) and Decoy Raffle (winner announced October 31)
- Scavenger Hunts
- Nature Quests
- Live birds at our feeders, in the woods, in the meadoews
- Snacks available for sale
- Yet more games and crafts
- Walking trails (have you found the pond? The stone wall? The new bench? All the items on the Unnatural Trail?)
Looking forward to seeing you!