In selecting art for the Birds of a Fiber exhibit, we hoped to allow the variety of media to hint at the diversity of birds. We had hooked rugs and traditional penny rugs, photographs rendered in cross-stitch, crocheted and fabric sculptures, needle felted miniatures, multimedia collages, paper sculpture, and quilts.
We hope you had a chance to see some of these works for yourself! There is not enough room to show all the works here in our mini slideshow. However, all the artists are listed below.
- Ann Wetzel, penny rug
- Carol McDowell, quilted art
- Dawn Littlepage, textile collage
- Elizabeth Spinney, crochet
- Erin Talmage, recycled paper
- Eve Gagne, cross stitch
- Kir Talmage, needle felted wool
- Marya Lowe, quilted art
- Morgan Barnes, needle felted wool
- Robin Hadden, rug hooking
- Katherine Guttman, mixed media (fiber, glass, and metal)
- Nancy Tomczak, mixed media (fiber and watercolor)
- Girl Quest participants, fiber birds/mixed media